Thursday, January 12, 2006

Grow your own


I've never been a fan of the 'coffee shop', much to most people's dismay when I say so.
"But isn't that why you moved to Holland?". Yeah of course. I moved over here to gain access to smokey bars full of stoned French tourists.

I have only actually ever been to one in my 10 years here. Was on the first day I arrived in Maastricht, and we mistakingly thought it was a bar. Anyway the barmaid was fit so we stayed.

Anyway litte humble Maastricht made the headlines today. Our wonderful Mayor (Mr Leers), is not going to be a welcome visitor to such establisments after he viewed his opinions. He wants the coffee shop owners to become green-fingured.

See the article below on the BBC news site
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4595018.stm

No comments: